While one important part of H&CAT is fundraising for various conservation activities and projects across the country but also outside of the country, also H&CAT offer one part of the hunts for specific conservation purposes. The common practices is that money generated from the hunt goes directly to the conservancy. When booking conservation hunts, your payment will go specifically to one of the actual conservation projects, especially to those areas, which are strictly protected areas, natural reserves or just new conservancies, which need first support from outside. All members of H&CAT are agreed, that part of each member-conservancy will a contribute for conservation also including outside of their conservancies. By booking such hunts, you support member conservancies to contribute for global conservation.
Conservation hunt options
- Ibex Conservation Hunt to improve and protect Strictly Protected Area Zorkul – the lambing area of Marco Polo argali, Ibex, Snow leopard, Brown Bear, Lynx, Wolfs, thousands of migratory water birds, rare species of butterflies. The main threat for this protected area is intensive illegal livestock grazing. H&CATs want to let this area exclusively for Wildlife, due renting the key pastures and help to rangers of SPA Zorkul to conduct a better protection.
- Ibex Conservation Hunt to support recovery of isolated, rare and critical endangered Bukhara markhor.
- Wild boar Conservation Hunt – money generated from this hunt will go exclusively to recover and protect the rarest and critically endangered striped Hyena in the Southern Tajikistan. It is about 10 to 15 animals in all country.
- Conservation Wolf-Bear Hunting – some of wolfs or bears if they learned to attack livestock, keeping times to times to attack livestock. Trophy hunting on predators does not help, but specific utilization of such problematic animals can be very essential for conservation. If you will book such hunt, you will participate on such hunt and help locals utilize the problem animal. Usually most of the time you will sleep in the sheepherder camp and wait for the uninvited guest. 30 % success. In addition, money paid for this hunt, will go to cover the damages by predators to farmers. Such policy help to avoid massive predator killing by farmers and thus directly protect big carnivores and all ecosystem.
- Ibex-Wild boar Conservation Hunt – generated money will go for specific national and international round tables on improvement the local and global wildlife management.